How to Cure Your Disney Hangover

April 22, 2019



You just went on the most amazing Disney vacation with your family!  It was beautiful.  You saw the castle, you whirled through space on Space Mountain, you shook hands with Mickey, and you ate the most amazing Disney food.  
The thing is, now you miss it.  Regular life, its a mess.  You now are faced with responsibilities, work, your kids school projects, getting them to practice and to top it off you actually have to cook them all dinner.  Ugh.  

Here are my tips on how to cope with a Disney Hangover and hang on to some of that magic for a bit longer.



1.  Play Disney Parks Music



There is a channel I love on Spotify and I know they also have a similar channel on Youtube that plays the actual Disney Parks music.  It really does bring you back to the feeling walking down Main Street.  

2.  Watch Disney Movies



This is a great way to recapture some Disney magic.  Why not watch the movies that inspired the rides?  Some of my favorites that bring me back to the parks are Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, The Incredibles, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio and The Little Mermaid.  The good news is that all of these are represented in the parks so just watching the movies can take you back.

3.  Create a Photo Memory Book








I personally love Social Print Studio.  They print more than just books, however, the book printing is the best and most user friendly platform I have ever worked with.  I have the app on my phone and literally create our photo book on the plane ride home most trips.  It arrives quickly and the quality is great!

4.  Check out Instagram



I follow some amazing Disney Influencers.  Of course, you should follow my Disney Insta: https://www.instagram.com/mountainboymom
I share all sorts of travel inspiration but mostly I share Disney!  

5. Order and Read Disney Books






 

There are some super in depth Disney books out there.  I personally love the Imagineering coffee table book.  It has so much information and beautiful photos on how the parks and rides were created.  The Secrets of Disneyland is a great read and will really fill you up for your next trip.

6.  Check the Disney Apps and Wait Times



I leave the app on my phone all year round.  Anytime I am feeling a little extra longing for Disney, I simply open the app and check it out.  I love seeing that Space Mountain only has a 20 minute wait.  Although sometimes it makes me want to go more.

7.  Make Mickey Waffles




Something about Mickey shaped food makes the longing for Disney feel less.  We received this Mickey waffle maker for Christmas and we use it ALL THE TIME!  

8.  Watch Attraction Ride Throughs on YouTube




There are several channels on Youtube that play actual full attraction ride through.  My kids love to watch these and remember how much fun they had on their trip.  I personally love SoCalAttractions360 channel.  These will bring you back to your own favorite ride experience!

9.  Watch the Fireworks on the DisneyGo App on Roku or Apple TV.




I absolutely love the Happily Ever After Fireworks show.  It can bring tears to my eyes.  Even watching it on the Disney Channel app will make me tear up!  

10.  Start Planning Your Next Disney Adventure




This is my favorite strategy for getting over the Disney blues.  I like to start daydreaming of our next trip right away.  And I usually start planning our next tentative adventure right away, in my mind if nothing else.  What better time, everything you loved is fresh in your mind and the things you wished you would have done differently are very clear.

I hope you are already feeling better about your Disney blues!
XOXO,
Leah


You Might Also Like

1 comments