What to pack for your Disney World trip

May 16, 2019

We have discussed at length both via the blog and the podcast what take into the parks with you.  But what about what you should actually pack in your suitcase to take to Walt Disney World with you.  Here are some things I never leave home without when traveling to Disney.



1.  Good Walking Shoes.

I personally like to switch my shoes up everyday.  This means I need to take MORE THAN ONE pair of comfortable shoes with me.  I find if I wear the same ones everyday my feet get more sore.  Here are my two favorite shoes to take to Disney with me.


These Reebok Classic shoes are super comfy and they don't look clunky like a lot of other tennis shoes do.  They give you an extra little spring in your step also.



I love Sam Edelman sandals.  There isn't much too them which makes them comfortable for me after wearing tennis shoes a couple days in a row.  They have an ankle strap so they stay on and don't tire your calves.  Not to mention they will look super cute with those Disney outfits you have planned!


2.  Hand Sanitizer

People are gross and there are people everywhere.  Those people touch everything.  Millions of people go to the parks everyday.  I personally don't want all of their germs.  I am not crazy hand sanitizer mom or anything but it is nice to have especially before the kids eat a churro!



I am obsessed with the Honest Company hand sanitizer.  It smells so good that I don't mind spraying it.  Plus I know it is made with natural ingredients so I don't worry about slathering my kiddos hands with it.

3.  Collapsible Laundry Hamper


Hotel rooms can get crazy.  I mean its vacation, everyone has let their hair down a bit.  I still like to try to keep the room a little bit tidy.  I love this hamper because it folds up and can be packed in our suitcase, plus we use it for other trips.


Very few things have cost so little and have had such a great pay off.  If you buy one inexpensive item, I would say this would be it!

4.  Snacks for Breakfasts


We don't like it miss out on our extra morning hour in the parks so we tend to not eat breakfast most days.  My husband and I are usually fine with fasting, but the boys need some food before we have our mid morning park snack (read churro or cookie lol).



 These bars have protein in them so I know they will hold the boys over for that first few crazed hours of ride excitement in the super empty parks.  No one wants to stop and eat and I feel ok with that if they have something before we go to park.  I've mentioned before that we don't do the meal plan.  While we do enjoy some delicious Disney park food, we aren't huge eaters.  We like good healthy food, and generally don't eat a big breakfast.  These bars help the boys stay nourished.

5.  Huge plastic zipper bags for packing.
When planning out specific outfits for our family, it is important to me to keep those in tact.  My boys would just go haphazardly rummaging through the suitcase if it were up to them.  To keep it orderly and also keep everything fitting in suitcase properly I started using these huge baggies for each outfit.  I write on the side which park (because that matters!) we are going to when they wear that outfit.  There is never an argument in the mornings over what to wear. 







Obsessed with these.  If you don't mark them up too much you can use them over and over. I certainly have.  They come in a pack of 12 which is enough for six outfits for my two kiddos.


6.  Travel Jewelry Organizer

I personally love to accessorize my Disney outfits with some fun Disney jewelry.  When traveling it is nice to keep them organized and all together.  This helps them from getting tangled together with bracelets and necklaces, and can even help you not lose items.




This is another low ticket item that will make such a huge difference in your travel experience.  Here is a pic of mine filled with my jewelry choices for my last trip.  Each was for a particular Disney outfit for our trip.


7.  Speaking of Jewelry

There are some super high end jewelry pieces out there revolving around Disney and I personally love to find fun pieces to wear to the parks.  The awesome thing is that there are some super affordable options out there if you are just going to Disney once but want to have something fun to wear with your outfit.  Here are a couple super affordable jewelry pics that will make any outfit look extra Disney.




Each of these jewelry pieces are under $20.  Trust me, as someone who has the actual pieces, these knock offs are pretty darn close to the real deal. You will only know because you ordered them online and know how much they cost!  What a great way to add some Disney style.

8.  Foot Care

There a millions of steps in the parks.  Be prepared and have this on the ready in your hotel room.  If you or your child rub yourself raw the day prior, you can protect your foot for the next day with some moleskin.


Additionally, if your feet are just plain tired this epsom salt foot rub will help you out.  This stuff really is a lifesaver about the third or fourth day.



9.  Medications you may need.  

I have mentioned before that we do not pack stuff like this with us into the park as we want to get right through that security line and into the park.  They of course sell things like ibuprofen in the park if you may need it so there really is not a reason to pack it in.  That being said, having things you need in the hotel room is another story.  I know I personally need some digestive help here and there when traveling and that is not something you can find readily available at the resorts or around the parks.  Here are some things that we pack in our suitcase just in case.



10.  Umbrella and Rain Ponchos

Orlando is known for unpredictable weather.  Bringing your own umbrella so you have it if the forecast changes will for sure save you money.



Both of these umbrellas would compliment any Disney outfit!  They are super affordable and oh so very Disney, without being overtly so. 


These rain ponchos are not only helpful for unsuitable weather but also for riding rides like Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids!  Get one for each member of your family just in case.  These come in a six pack!


There is my Disney travel list!  These items are all things I don't leave home without, especially when traveling to Disney.  I hope this helps you prepare for your next Disney vacation.
XOXO
LEAH

You Might Also Like

0 comments