Best Table Service Restaurants in Disneyland and California Adventure

August 21, 2018





Alright, you are headed to Disneyland!  Hooray for you!  Now you need to figure out where you want to eat.  If you are anything like me, you want to experience food as part of your vacation.  I am super picky for a few reasons, one is I cannot eat gluten, but on top of that if it is going to go into my body, I want it to be delicious. I have a super picky eater in my 9 year old.  My 14 year old is the house foodie, who wants to try all the new and interesting things.  Top that with a husband that wants a big meal and to feel like it is worth the price.  It can be a lot to balance, but we have found some places that we absolutely love! Here are my families favorite places to eat in the parks.

1. Blue Bayou





This Disney staple has been at the park since 1989.  It is one of the most beloved spots to eat in Disneyland.  If you want to eat here, remember to get a reservation.  If you walk up without one you are bound to be either sent away to come back the next day, or be given a pretty hefty wait time. 
One of the coolest things about this restaurant is that it is actually set inside of the Pirates of the Carribean ride.  As the boats float by on thier way to adventure you can see the riders and often will hear them ask you to toss them a roll.  Yes, this is a thing.  Yes, we have done it.  It is funny, and some of the diners will actually oblige.
  The most popular item on the menu is the Disney Monte Cristo.



 I always shied away from this option, but recently they have made a gluten free option available (with prior request) and it blew my mind.  My husband and children alway enjoy thier meals here as well, and honestly you can't beat the ambiance.

2. Carthay Circle


This place has swank.  Modeled after the Hollywood theatre that Snow White opened in, the Carthay Circle has the old Hollywood feel.  Between the glitzy chandeliers, guilded mirrors on the walls and the warm rich wood tones, this place is dripping with glamour.  We love eating here, and make a point to do so every trip.  Often, we will hit the "World of Color dining package" that gives you special viewing for the show later in the day.  The food is always amazing.  My boys enjoy it just as much as the adults do as they do offer swanky versions of standard kid food.  The cocktails are delish and don't even get me started on dessert!  The chefs here go out of their way to give you a great culinary experience.  Make sure you have a reservation or you will be waiting!

3.  Catal in Downtown Disney


I have had one of my favorite meals at Disney.  I know, I know, technically not in the parks but being in Downtown Disney makes it easily accessable during our stay and it is technically on Disney property.  This place has a fine dining atmosphere and amazing food!  I have had some amazing lamb here, and also we often will eat brunch here on our travel day out of the parks.  So yummy you guys!  We will take the time to leave the parks to eat here for dinner.  It gives you a little space from the crowds and the food is really really good!

4.  Uva Bar Downtown Disney


I have to toss this one it.  It is technically a sit down restaurant in the middle of the Downtown Disney area, but it is really fast!  We love to pop in here at the end of our day, order some steak and frites and chow before heading up to our room for the night.  It shares a kitchen with Catal, so you know the food is going to be amazing.  We love this place and hit it up for good food with a smaller price point than one of the fine dining spots.

5.  Wine Country Trattoria

This place, it is good, and if wine is your thing, this is the place for you.  Located in the Pacific Wharf area of the park, it gives you the ambiance of being tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the park, even when eating out on the patio.  If you love bread (I mean who doesn't love bread?), you can shove it in your face by the basketful.  Additionally, they have some tasty italian dishes that are not to be missed.  They too offer a World of Color viewing package, but again make sure you have a reservation.  For me, this restaurant always falls a little short, but for my pasta and bread loving family it is always on the requested list for our trips.

6.  Lamplight Lounge



This is the former Cove Bar/Ariel's Grotto in the Paradise Pier days.  I am sure some of you have heard tale of the lobster nachos.

Well, folks this is where you find those!  You can also find fun mocktails for the kids like the infamous Infinity Fizz.  The adult beverages here are the best on property.  This is such a nice place to take a break when your feet have just had enough.  We like sitting out on the deck where the kids can watch the Incredicoaster take off over and over.




7.  Cafe Orleans


This place is a lovely break from the crowds without actually leaving the crowds.  The majority of the seating is outdoors so it is a great spot to be sitting near the crowds and just watch.  The food is light and I feel like there are some healthier options here.  I love thier salads and they do have that yummy Monte Cristo sandwich!  This place is an amazing spot to people watch also friends.  If you are a lover of watching people, Disney is a fun place to do so and the Cafe Orleans patio is the perfect spot to do it with some Pomme Frites in front of you.

We love our Disney food and enjoy picking out our reservations each trip.  I hope this helps you form a plan for your next trip.  Let me know if there are any other Disney related topics you want to read about.  Maybe you want to know what our favorite snacks are?  Or how I eat Gluten Free while there?  Or maybe you want to hear about our favorite shows or rides?  Let me know!

XOXO
LEAH




You Might Also Like

0 comments