Favorite Things Friday

November 23, 2018

I am going to be honest, once November hits, I am ready for Christmas season.



I start Christmas shopping like its my job.  I make my plans for my Christmas trees and decor.  I even slowly start putting some of it up around the house.  I figure why not take my time and enjoy the process and spread it out over time a bit, rather than just the couple weeks prior to Christmas.  My family teases me about it, but I don't let that bother me.  I know they secretly love it.  


Here are some things I am loving this week.  


No Apologies for Christmas Cheer

This article on Scary Mommy speaks to my soul on this Christmas decorating topic.  Why shouldn't we get to do this at our own pace.  Why do we have to follow special Christmas decorating rules?  We can make our own rules right?


Chalkboards in the Living Room

I am loving our DIY chalkboard over our buffet in our living room.  We made this a number of years ago, preblog, and it just really is such a versitle way to change out the vibe of the room.
  


Aloha Ears

These 3D printed ears have caught my eye.  How cool is it that you can buy the headband and then change out the ears and the bow based on your mood or outfit!  I love these Mickey's Pal Around Wheel ones.  Iconic Disney!



Marshall's! 

 I may have mentioned we live in a rather rural community.  Which, for most things is lovely.  For shopping, not so much.  A Marshall's opened a couple weeks ago in our town and I am in love.  They have such cute home and Christmas decor items.  I have picked up some great beauty products that I usually pay twice as much for and honestly, its just nice to have another shopping option in our small town.  


Furry Blankets.  


I love furry fuzzy blankets year round, but I especially love them this time of year.  I found this beauty on Wayfair and I was surprised that it came with two matching pillows.  Not sure where I will put those, but what a fun bonus.  You guys, thhis blanket is super soft and the yellow is a fun punch of color.  


Tarte palette.  


This is the Tarte Double Duty Beauty Leave Your Mark Eyeshadow Palette.  I recieved this last winter in my FabFitFun box.  This palette is perfect for this time of year for my skin tone.  It has just enough sparkle without making me feel like I am doused in glitter.  I use this palette pretty regularly during holiday season to add just a bit of sparkle to my look.  You can find this palette HERE on the Tarte website.


Magnolia Wreath.  


This guy is found at Target in the Hearth and Hand line from Magnolia and Joanna Gaines.  Why not go ahead and toss your wreath up.  It is beautiful and again, we can do this on our own schedule.  Mine is already up on my door and I couldn't be happier.  I tossed a strand of fairy lights on it just to add a bit of twinkle.  


I cannot wait to put up our tree.  I know, I know its too early still.  But its coming!  Happy beginning of Christmas season friends!

XO, LEAH



You Might Also Like

0 comments