Rose. Rabbit. Lie. Las Vegas Review

February 25, 2019

A quick weekend getaway to Las Vegas is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.  Some warmer temperatures, some fine dining and adult beverages never hurt anyone. While in Vegas, we tried an amazing restaurant that I cannot contain how pleased I was with it.  Without further ado, here is my review for Rose.Rabbit.Lie in Las Vegas, NV.



For my birthday, some friends joined us in Las Vegas and at the suggestion of one of them, we decided to try Rose. Rabbit. Lie. in the Cosmopolitan Hotel on the Strip. 


The Cosmopolitan Hotel is making a name for itself as the foodie hotel.  There are a ton of fun restaurants there, including one I mentioned in a previous post that we took our kids to.  You can check out that post HERE.

Rose. Rabbit. Lie is not for kids.  It is fine dining with entertainment while you eat.  In fact, they have a no children policy for the restaurant.  This was fine with us since our trip this time was a kid free birthday vacation!

When coming upon the restaurant, it appears a little ominous; the big black doors and all.  Trust me it is gorgeous inside and worth the suspense.


There is just a small neon sign letting us know we made it to our destination.


Once inside it is like you entered another world apart from Las Vegas. You enter an octogonal holding room where you wait until they call for your reservation.  Oh, and by the way, you will need a reservation to get in here.
Once you enter the restaurant you are met with opulance. The huge wall with a depiction of The Garden of Earthly Delights is lit on one wall.  Funny thing, when I was a teenager I had a print of this hanging next to my bed that I had acquired at The Prado in Spain.  I was obsessed with it.  Funny to have such a pretty reminder of it here.



Let's talk about the cocktails!  This place has an amazing craft cocktail menu.
Here were two of our favorite options.

This one was called Birds of a Feather.  Love the whimsical glass and it was quite tasty.



This beauty is called Through the Looking Glass and it was by far the best cocktail we tried.  There is actaully a couple pours in here as it comes in this "looking glass" that you pour into your glass.  It is fruity and floral without being saccharine.




Our table opted for the tasting menu which was $125 per person and was supposed to be 6 courses.  It ened up being 12 as the chef sent out several extra items for us to try!  It was amazing!  If you don't want to drop that much per  person, no problem, you can order off of the menu and get exactly what you want to have without dropping that kind of dough.  Since it was a special occasion we decided it would be super fun.

I did not take pictures of all the items, but here were our favorites.


The muscles were like nothing I had ever tried before.  The broth they were in was like no other mussel broth I had had.  It was a little sweet, a little nutty and full of spice and flavor.  Literally people were mopping it up with the bread.


First, let me say this serving dish needs to make its way to my house!  I love all of the whimsical touches this place adds.  These caviar tacos were amazing, and I am not usually one to love caviar!



The main course was Beef Wellington.  It was done in such a beautiful way and really the meat was perfectly seasoned and prepared.


I am gluten free so they happily brought me a plate without the "wellington" part.  Side note, it was not issue for them to cater to my gluten allergy.  They didn't even bat an eye.  This is always a comfort for me.



The pie'ce de re'sistance was dessert!  This thing looked like something out of a fairy tale.  It was literally an adult version of a dirt cake.  All of it was edible (and gluten free) and was a mixture of chocolate dirt, pudding, handmade mascapone candies, fudge and marshmallow fluff.  Seriously, it was the most delicious dessert I have ever had in my life!



We all attacked this thing like kids eating up bits of this and that.  So much fun!



The entertainment during our dinner was amazing.  There were lounge singers, acrobats and break dancers.  Who needs an expensive Vegas show?  This was dinner and entertainment in one!


If we go back to Las Vegas without kids again, this place is definitely on our list!  One of the most amazing meals I have ever had!


What is your favorite place to eat in Las Vegas? 


XOXO, LEAH

You Might Also Like

0 comments