Easter Basket Ideas for Preteen and Teen Boys

April 01, 2019



Shopping for boys can be a little tricky especially when they get to be a certain age.  This is my list of things that my boys will be getting in their easter baskets this year. If you are interested in looking at these for your kiddos, just click on the image and it will take you right to the Amazon page where they are found.



I am going to start with my preteen boy. 

He will be 10 next month and is teetering on the edge of boyhood still.  He still likes toys and games as much as the next boy, which is awesome.  I never want them to grow up too quickly.  I do want to point out a caveat that we have always had for our Easter baskets, no video games.  So while my 10 year old would love if Sea of Thieves for Xbox found its way into his basket, its not going to happen in our house.

1.  We always like to have one large item in the basket that the boys were wanting.  Usually something useful or educational.  This year a Roller Coaster Building kit is going to be the big item for our youngest.




2.  Right now, he is in a stage where he is drawing in sketch books all the time.  He says he wants to be an animator.  How cool is that?  These learn to draw books come in many different themes and are super helpful for our budding artist.





3.  Drawing pencils are a little more expensive than regular pencils.  He has been asking for some more as Santa had given him a few in his stocking this year.  The bunny might do the same.



4.  Building and creating are a bit of a theme here as you can see.  That is all my little guy seems to want to do, which is fine by me!  He built an easy model plane not too long ago and loved it.  This one is super affordable and might be a fun project.


5.  We love Calvin and Hobbes and our son seems to be at a stage where he wants to read things that are funny.  Some of the "comic" style books our there are a bit crass and full of words like Stupid and Poopy Pants and maybe I am a stick in the mud but I think my sons mind is worth  some more intellectual thought than that.  Calvin and Hobbes seems to be a nice go to for us in this arena.



6.  It wouldn't be an Easter basket without some candy.  I love the Lindt Gold Easter Bunny Chocolates because they are not enourmous.  My boys don't need a ton of sugar, just a little treat. 








On to my oldest fellow.  My teenager is a little harder to shop for.  

He is 14 and super active.  We just finished a crazy ski season here in Colorado as the snow has been coming down like crazy.  This summer will be on to swim team, mountain biking and active water sports for this guy.  When filling a basket for him I need to remember that he cares more about things he can use in his life and unfortunately brands matter to him right now.  Again, we steer away from video games. Honestly, he is too busy to play them most of the time.  You may see that he will get less in his basket, that is because the things he wants and uses are higher price points.  

1.  His big item will be one of these take along JBL waterproof bluetooth speakers.  He can attach this to his paddleboard or take it to the pool and not worry about it getting ruined.  He has been wanting one of these for awhile so its the right call.



2.  Also to go along with his summer water sports and our travel plans, some sunglasses that can go anywhere.  These aren't so expensive that he will be bummed if he loses them but nice enough that he will want to wear them.

3.  In order to enjoy his time on the water he will need some sun protection.  This rash gaurd offers sun protection up to UPF50 and is pretty darn affordable!



4. Of course, we have to add in that chocolate!  Just a little treat!  I love that the Lindt Chocolate Bunnys come in different flavors.  Each of my boys prefer different chocolate so this makes it easy for them to get the same bunny, different flavor.  My oldest prefers dark chocolate so that will be whats in his basket.




What do you put in your preteen and teen boy Easter baskets?  Do you fill with a ton of fun silly less expensive items or just a couple nice items that they will use?  Each family is different!  I hope our lists maybe sparked some inspiration for you to fill your boys baskets this year!  This post does contain affilliate links, but as always, I will never post anything I do not personally love and purchase myself.  I truly believe in promoting things that you love and sharing those ideas and products with other moms can be super inspiring and helpful.  I hope these links helped you today! 

XOXO,
LEAH

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. These are great ideas, thankfully my son is still young and I can get away with just chocolate. I think my son would love the knex when he is older

    ReplyDelete