Reasons to Stay at the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland

April 10, 2019

We absolutely love the Grand Californian Hotel.  There are so many things to love about this beautiful hotel.  


This hotel will hit the fancy factor for those of you who love all things beautiful.  My kids were in awe when we walked into the lobby and saw how big it was.  The staff are all over the place willing to help, as any high end hotel should have.  As with all high end Disney hotels, there are a few food options available, which makes it convenient for families who are staying there.  There are a number of great things about this hotel.  Below, I will share with you my reasons that you should stay at the Grand Californian Hotel.

1.  The Lobby-

Once you walk into this hotel you are greeted with opulance.  Everything is just like its name implies, Grand. 




From the oversized chandeliers that loom over the room to the mosiac laid floors, everything is stunning.  The furniture screams lodge.  Let me tell you I could sit in this lobby for hours.  



This fireplace is such a nice place to sit and drink your coffee (or cocktail).  There are rows of super comfy rocking chairs for everyone to enjoy.  The cool thing about the lobby is everyone can enjoy it whether or not you are staying at the hotel.  Hearthstone Lounge is in the lobby as well, where you can order delicious coffee drinks and cocktails.


2.  The Location-

Seriously, this is what it looks like entering into the hotel from the park.  This entrance goes directly into the hotel from the walkway by Grizzly River Run.



One morning, we went into the park and I was not prepared for the weather.  I wanted to run up to our room and change.  I set the boys up at the Redwood Creek Challenge, letting them know I would be back in 15-20 min.  (I must say my boys were 14 and 9 at the time, not little. I would never leave little children unattended).  Guess how long it took me to go up to our room and change?  Five minutes!  I do not lie!  This is one of the best things about this hotel.  At the end of the day when you are tired, your room is literally minutes away!


3.  The Beds-

We have stayed in some very nice hotels over the years.  We love hotels.  We love nice hotels.  You guys I can honestly say these beds are some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on in a hotel.




I do not lie, we slept so well,  I had to drag my kiddos out of bed to go to the parks!

4.  Room Service-


I am super picky about room service.  Many times, you get the yucky things that the kitchen can whip up in the microwave for room service.  Or leftover sandwiches.  Yuck!  Not here, I called and had an entire conversation with the staff about what they could prepare for me gluten free.  They were able to make me a quesadilla gluten free and send up extra guacamole.  I knew what they prepared for me was fresh and well prepared.  And it was delicious!


5. Storyteller's Cafe-

This was the most amazing character meal we have ever had, and we have done many many character meals.  



I was so happy that we didn't have to wait in the super long line to visit Mickey in the park.  Here he walks around and visits every table!


Not to mention some of his other friends are hanging out as well!



The food was better than I have ever had at a character meal.  They had so much that was gluten free and they made some gluten free Mickey waffles in the back for me to enjoy.




6.  Napa Rose-


My husband and I took the opportunity to have a date night while on our last trip.  We went to Napa Rose, which we have always wanted to do.  I have to admit, while I am including this on my list, I was not completely in love with Napa Rose.  The food was great.  The service not so much.  The reason I am leaving it on my list is because everyone else I know has had a great experience here, so just because our server was not the best does not mean it isn't great.  Again, the food was amazing.  And there is something to be said for having a fine dining option in the hotel.









7.  Staff-



The staff at this hotel are at your beck and call, as they should be for what you pay to stay there.  At no point was I ever concerned that we would not be taken care of.  From the bell staff, to the concierge everyone was polite and super helpful.



As you have read, there are many reasons you should take a look at the Grand Californian Hotel for your next visit.  I hope this inspired you to stay there, or a least go take a look next time you are in the parks.


XOXO,
LEAH



You Might Also Like

1 comments